Friday, December 6, 2024

St. Nicholas Day and Other Things

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas everyone! 

That delightful Saint did find our house and I took no pictures to prove it. He brought Christmas pajamas as he always does, some chocolate coins, and a Switch game for everyone to share. 

Let's see what else happened this week. C screen printed 60 flour sack dish towels for the 6th grade Bazaar. Some at home. Some at school. 


They're pretty cute and a useful gift to bring home from the bazaar. Typically most of the stuff is junk. Even the dish towels where the print isn't perfect, well, it's still a towel. 

Wednesday I had the privilege of sitting with Jesus for a few hours. No one had  signed up for Adoration so it became "other duties as assigned." 

Actually, this was kind of a week for that. I also live-streamed two funerals and then went to a daily Mass with second graders as I typically do and ended up as EMHC. (Plus as it turns out C was serving and I didn't remember!) I am doing the Heather Kym Advent Study Encountering Emmanuel. 

As it turns out, He called me to Encounter Him this week. And every time my first reaction was to the other things on my checklist. But guess what? All the things on my checklists got done anyway. 

And I was able to help two families bury their loved ones. I got to sit with our Lord just me and Him and let his peace wash over me and bless my heart. I got to receive him at a bonus Mass. All of that is a real gift and such a better use of time than finishing tasks and scrolling or whatever. 

This Wednesday night was also First Reconciliation, it went well! 

Last night was the Choral and Band Concert. Painful. Just painful. But they made a rule that we could leave after your kid was done so we got to leave after 6th grade choir! (We are not a band family.) 


And now we've made it to Friday. C has to stay after school again today for musical auditions. I hope he does well but I am not really stressed about it at all. 

Anyway, Happy FRIDAY!

2 comments:

  1. Well you had a wonderful, faith filled Advent week, my friend. Thanks for the inspiration. Love St. Nick here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing that book too! Loving it alot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!