Okay, before I get to Day 5 I need to share that on Valentine's Day we got to go see Cirque Du Soleil Crystal and it was great.
Okay, Day 5! Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point. Disney's new private resort.
The first thing you should know is that there's about a 10-minute walk from the ship down the pier. I thought this was going to be annoying but the water was the most beautiful color and it was hard to be too upset by the walk.
The sand was so soft and white. The kids LOVED LOVED LOVED this beach and it was really cool. I admit, mostly I was just tired and knew I did not want to swim. I did enjoy a nice beach chair though.
Actually, when we were on board everyone decided to stay dry and that lasted about 6 minutes on Lookout Cay. Good thing I packed the swimsuits anyway isn't it?
We stayed at the beach until lunch and then we headed back to the ship. It was a more leisurely paced day and I am glad we scoped it out. Our next cruise we will plan for Lookout Cay better--perhaps a shorter Castaway day so we are better prepared for Lookout. The photo spots are darling and the character's Bahamian costumes are so cute!!
We got back to the ship right about 1:00 and C and Husband went to ride the AquaMouse right as it opened for the day and they brought back food from the pool deck for lunch. We got everyone showered and dressed and then got ready for Pirate Night!
I booked both kids' Pirate League makeovers and it was a HOOT! M just did the makeup and C did the whole shebang. He was the funniest and wouldn't talk in case he messed up his beard. He got a lot of compliments all night and it was nice to let him have an experience like this.
The Pirate Night menu was delicious but this dessert was SO good. Coconut ice cream with pineapple sauce and Roman our waiter tried to talk me out of it but I loved every single bit. No regrets!
Last year M was overtired on the Pirate night this year our goal was to not do that so the two of us took it easy and then we all made it to the fireworks with gusto! Fireworks at sea doesn't get old.
It was the only point of the entire cruise where I was almost a little chilly!
I will tell you that the pirate league did not give makeup remover wipes like they do for BBB makeovers and as I am not a makeup wearer getting the kid's makeup off was quite the challenge.
But finally, we accomplished this and were able to go to sleep.
I swear these past two days seem like they were really boring but they definitely were not! We took so many pictures decked out as pirates and C and Husband went to both Pirate shows. M and I onlyly went to the the fireworks show. There's only so many times you can say "and then we went and got ice cream on deck 11" before it seems like that's all we did.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!