Pages

Monday, March 24, 2025

M in the Kitchen

 M got two different America's Test Kitchen cookbooks for Christmas. 

Which is fun! And also helpful. She is FOR SURE our picky eater and also stubborn as all get out. 

For example, she will not eat grilled cheese but loves a cheese quesadilla. (I know. I KNOW. It is maddening.) 

But people are always saying that kids will eat the food they cook so we had her choose one main dish and one dessert to make on Saturday.

The dessert was a Raspberry Clafouti. Here it is about to go into the oven!



And here it is out of the oven. Clearly the dinner prep started too. The clafouti needed to cool for at least a half hour. 


Dinner prep was tedious but successful. This was Sesame Noodles. It should have been a home run.


In reality, she ate only the sugar snap peas and carrots. Now I admit it, I am not a huge peanut butter fan so I also didn't particularly love this but C really really did. And Husband ate all of his too. 

M did in fact enjoy her clafouti. 


And we will find some new recipes for next week's adventure! 

1 comment:

  1. Good for her! And you! I have to say...no to grilled cheese? That is my go to for picky eaters! Now I am off to google clafouti!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!