Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2026

All the Happenings

So I am behind. I blame May. 

Let's see if I can recap some of the most interesting things that have happened lately. 

M has been the champion of selfies lately. 


The best part of this is that her chore is to water the flowers and grass seed every day. I am delighted to tell you that the grass seed we have been using to patch our backyard has been doing remarkably well. I am so glad. 

C and I went to two shows together last weekend. I enjoyed the one-on-one time with him!



Last Monday was the last rosary of the school year, so we celebrated with donuts and fruit. I was in charge of some munchkins from Dunkin... only the box decided to take a journey and fall off the front seat on the way to school.

Whomp whomp. 17 of the 50 met an untimely death on my car floor. 


Ultimately, though, we gathered and prayed. Which is more important that donuts. For what it's worth we stilll had plenty of treats. 

That was also the band field trip, so after rosary, I went home to hang with C for his hooky day. M went to school. It was just her and one other little girl there in her class. I will let her play hooky next year. But she was keeping her perfect attendance streak... she didn't miss a single day this year! 

Last week was also the 100th Birthday Party of our school. We all got matching shirts. The kids got to have an hour with lawn games, bounce houses, crafts, etc. 



I was the photographer and Husband the editor for the 100th year all school photo. 


I am pretty proud. It was a fun day! 

Friday was M's day at Junior Achievement BizTown. She was the CMO of John Deere, and I was lucky enough to chaperone. BizTown is a day-long visit to a simulated town. It allows students the chance to run a simulated economy. 

Here's my girl in her business. Yes, she planned this outfit SPECIFICALLY for Deere. 


As a chaperone I got a coupon for a free radio station dedication so I picked Dua Lipa's Levitating because I often call M my "sugar boo." This is us during the song. 


This was her visiting the business I was in charge of supervising all day: the creative marketing team. My kids I was watching, created magnetic billboards for each business. 


My 6 kids were so great. They took their jobs so seriously. 



M also was hustling. She deeply wanted her business to pay back its business loan that day. They do that by selling merchandise. The kids get to earn salaries and buy things during their breaks. 


And as fate would have it, the John Deere seasonal ice cream flavor dropped that day. So we had to go. First, because of BizTown, but even more importantly, because it is legitimately her favorite ice cream flavor and she had been asking when it was time for the flavor to come back. 

It's Lemon Custard blended with Lime Sherbet. 


As you can see, on her first break she deposited her paycheck and immediately came back to buy the hat she was trying to sell. She is currently obessed with this hat. 

And our Memorial Day weekend was busy but good. I attended a dance recital. 


G danced very well. And other than the auditorium being much warmer than neccessary it was a nice evening out. 

We celebrated Pentecost and then lounged about. Husband and I went out for a drink with friends. Monday we did errands and prepared for the week as well as hit some grad parties. 

More Soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!