Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Alaska: Chapter 5

After a brief pause (which I shall explain later) I continue with my Alaskan Adventure. 

Our next day we were at Icy Strait Point. 

Now I need you to know that I am not outdoorsy. Nature holds very little appeal to me. It's why I picked an Alaskan cruise. I could see Alaska. Visit Alaska. And not exactly do much in Alaska. 

As such, this was a pretty chill day for me and Husband. Though the day started with Churro Waffles. Which are my favorite! 


C went whale watching with my dad early and he saw a whole pod of Orcas. 



M went with my brother to a ropes course and zip line thing. (Not the giant zip line.) I don't have any pictures of that though because... brothers. Lol. 

I did get off the ship briefly to take a picture of the Orca statue. This is M and my dad waving from their balcony to us!



And C wanted to stand in the Pacific. 


That evening was Rapunzel night. Which is a family favorite! 


As luck would have it, we ate dinner in Rapunzel's Royal Table for the second time and then went to see the Tangled Broadway Style show. 

If you aren't aware, different from other cruise lines, Disney offers rotational dining for dinner. Everyone on board is assigned a table number at their dinner time, (5:45 or 8:15) And you stay at that same table number with the same servers as you rotate through the 3 dining rooms. There is not currently an evening buffet option. (Which makes sense because the dining teams are in the dining rooms and how the heck did they staff that before?) 

Your server team gets to know you really well. If you order a Sprite the first night, one magically appears for you the next Etc. 

It was a nice chill day! 

1 comment:

  1. You are singing my song, sweet friend. Outdoors? No thank you. Looks like a wonderful time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!