Friday, September 18, 2026

Back to Friday

Well. Here we are on Friday. 

This week was busy. 

There was high school Adoration Night, which was just exactly what I needed. 



A busy and full week with fun à la Dancing with the Stars and work, with the big kickoff of our Family Formation program. 

A little more return to normalcy, in that C started voice lessons back up yesterday. He jumped right in and is working on "I'm Not That Smart" from the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. 

This morning, as I was packing my water and granola bar for lunch, I noted that M has plans for Family Movie Night tonight. 

She didn't just put a Fanta in the fridge. She also added a sign. And put it on a dino cellphone holder. Because why not?


We are still in a rough patch in our house. 

The kids are just really sad. 

The adults are trying to make sense of it all and figure out the next steps. We don't know where the Lord is bringing us. We are open to whatever that plan is. 

There have been glimmers of hope and then more "nos." 

We cling to the idea that "You can be disappointed without becoming discouraged."

So we wait. We pray. We move forward, asking God to "Give us our daily bread." And today, we have enough. 

This weekend's Gospel is about the landowner who pays his laborer the regular daily wage whether they came to work at dawn or 5:00 pm. It's so easy to look at it with our very human and mortal lives and see all the injustice there. 

And I think that's really the point of that parable. Life isn't fair. Turns out entrance into Heaven probably isn't either. But it won't really matter at that point because we will be in Heaven. 

So it's not fair at all. But we keep moving forward and trust that He has something great in store. And we ask for your prayers, please. We need them. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your family is having a rough time. I'll add you all to my prayer list.
    I've never heard songs from the spelling bee musical -I'll have to look that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and love, my friend. Adoration is the best place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refer to that parable so often while parenting. When I give kid something and then give another kid the same thing and am met with "that's not fair!" because he already had a treat or didn't do the chore etc, I say "You got what you deserved and you can be happy for them that they got to enjoy my generosity." They still grumble. But I try! I am so sorry that your family is struggling right now - prayers are on the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!