We went to the orchard this weekend. Husband's family owns an apple orchard. They have many different varieties of apples, which is great because I love apples. I love to cook with them, I love to eat them, I just love 'em. Husband, after growing up with apples has kind of a "meh" attitude. But that's okay. I love the apples enough for the 2 of us. Anyway, we brought back apples. Because, why not.
And far from overkill we brought back 90 pounds of apples. A bushel and a half just for me to make applesauce. A bushel and a half. Not even a bushel and a peck. Nay Nay. 90 pounds. 5 different kinds of apples.
My first pot of applesauce is in the works. C had an apple for breakfast. He is in heaven--he's teething anyway so gnawing on an apple is kind of the best deal ever. Especially since they were free dollars and free cents.
Plus we saw that side of the family and we actually had a really good time. It helps we were only there for about 24 hours. But still, it was good. Which is an added bonus as far as I am concerned. Because let's be honest, I went for the free fruit. Hey-o!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!