Two early in the week posts that are non-linkups? I know. Where have I been?
Fall is always so busy for me. I don't know why it goes so darn fast? Except I swear C has been 16 months longer than any other month of his life. I am sure Saturday will be here faster than I know it.
In the past few weeks I have been out and about a lot. I had book club, the pumpkin patch, went to a movie/Chipotle/Target with Kathryn, went to visit a friend during the day so C could socialize with a group of boys, had family pictures and now I am battling Captain Screaming Stuffy Nose. Though to be fair, we could omit the screaming part of the title today since he did very very well last night.
I had it as a well oiled machine. First I ran the shower as hot as possible with the door closed. After the bathroom was all warm and steamy I ran his bath and he took a really good one, playing and breathing in all the steam. He got saline nose drops, baby Vicks and a little bit of baby Advil. THEN he had his humidifier with Vicks steam and his crib mattress was propped with a pillow. While in his favorite pajamas and sleep sack. It was like bedtime royalty. And it paid off because he slept GREAT. Oh and a big shout out to the creator of boogie wipes because those are so much better than Kleenex!
Which is good because Husband and I never went back downstairs after bedtime. We stayed upstairs, in our room and crashed. Pretty exciting.
Anyway... there is little to report here. Pretty much same old, same old. C is babbling/talking. He does have actual words but my favorite is when he says "Gullah Gullah Gullah." I haven't figured out what it means. He had not watched Gullah Gullah Island until he started saying that so he is not asking for a television show. When he does want one, he ask's for Peppa. He has perfected the stairs, up and down and pretty much is as active as always. He has favorite books now, which is fun until it isn't.
But yeah, nothing really that interesting to report. Other than the fact it is snowing. In October. It's not sticking but it's still snow. Don't worry I did try to deny it was actually snow for the first 15 minutes but now... it's snow. Glad I bought C's winter coat in a panic last week. I'm pretty sure Husband thought I was crazy. I didn't even know snow was in the forecast either but I was concerned he wouldn't have a coat when it was time. Guardian Angel nudge I guess. Love moments like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!