It's Thursday. So that means it's time for my favorite party on the internet over at Cari's house. Well her web house anyway. And the best part? It's an open house party--come one, come all!
This theme of lights got me thinking and all because it was/is Hanukkah. I know that back in the ye old days, prior to that Jesus fellow we're all so fond of, we were mostly all Jews. And I am glad because while some traditions are kind of foreign, Hanukkah and the Festival of Lights is really quite amazing. It was a miracle after all right?
I mean, that being said, I love me some New Testament so I am ecstatic that God sent us a Jesus. I wonder how long he had that name in his pocket? Like from the moment Adam and Eve fell? Was he all like "They ate that darn apple! Ah well, now I can use that other name I like." Or if it was closer to the actual event he settled on the name.
Anyway. Do you have a picture of light(s)? Want to go take one, I can wait. Cool. Then come to the party! It's a good one. I mean, how else were you planning to spend the last night of Hanukkah? And the end of prohibition? (That is also today. Which calls for a glass of wine. Or a beer. Or something.)
Have a good Thursday!

Great photo, pretty and warm. And l LOVE your musing on God settling on Jesus' name, never thought of that, too cute.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture! And, the end of prohibition..huh? Now, that calls for a celebration!
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas tree lights from every perspective.
ReplyDeleteFunny post - cheers!
Your picture is so warm and beautiful! Ha, and the hubby and I made it out to the Christmas party and celebrated the end of prohibition accordingly! Fun times were had!
ReplyDelete