Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday.

Today is Thursday. Which normally isn't such a formidable offense to me. Usually I like Thursday. It's just that yesterday I spent nearly the entire day believing it was Friday. I'm not sure why. Tomorrow brings a fun event and a weekend and there were things that needed to be accomplished yesterday that screamed "Wednesday" and yet... there I was in disbelief at the fact it was actually Wednesday.

So today is Thursday. I dropped my dude off at school and got M settled in for her nap. M has been doing some crazy night wakings lately. Her pediatrician suggested skipping the morning nap and she let us know with no uncertain terms that in fact she wanted it and had no intention of giving it up. It's strange, my girl does everything on her own terms. She wants a nap but it might be 45 minutes or it could be 2 hours.

Yesterday M suffered a black eye/scrape. Baby met sidewalk. I of course feel horrible about it but as I am reminded it was bound to happen sometime and I can't protect her from everything. It was a very unwelcome addition to my "felt like Friday" Wednesday.

I had kind of been on a roll. I managed to run the dishwasher, 2 loads of laundry, an appointment, morning nap, some learning time and all before 11:00. I was thinking that outside playtime would be a good addition before nap and it was kind of nice out anyhow so out we went. Then the whole falling thing resulting in a beat up face. It didn't even remotely begin to stop my girl though. She may also be part Mountain Goat. This little 9 month spitfire loves to climb. She's unfortunately pretty darn good at it.

C is doing his own thing. The things he remembers... I've said it before but he truly has an outstanding memory. It's fun to see. What's not always fun is the threenager but we'll get through it.

This is a pretty unspectacular post. Oh well. :)

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when I think it's Thursday but it's only Wednesday! I do that a lot unfortunately. It makes the week seem longer than it really is. Hopefully M has already forgotten about her date with the sidewalk. I'm sure it hurt you worse than it hurt her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of the 9mo sleep regression? Katharine has had a wicked last couple months of night wakings and I am chalking it up to this and teething. So...solidarity! Sorry to hear about M's brush with the sidewalk...poor M. Katharine had 2 shots and a finger prick today, they could both commiserate together if we lived nearby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!