We are getting into those days that are hard to dress for. Chilly in the morning but by afternoon jeans are just a little too much. But you know what? I love it. I love this weather. And yes, I am getting all weather-nerd on the blog here but it's just because I love this weather so much. I love having my windows open. I love the way the sun warms the kitchen but the breeze cools it right back down again.
I love that we've got this weather and it's only August!! You guys, it's not even my birthday yet. Now don't get me wrong. You KNOW that it will probably be hot and sticky and somewhere in the 90s by then again but I am not going to lose hope.
I am trying to figure out some fall-ish clothes for my kiddos. I need to get long sleeved shirts for C and M is right on the cusp of going up a size and I have some things ordered, but they're not here yet and pretty much I just need to go baby girl clothes shopping.
In my planning ahead-ness, Halloween costumes have been ordered. Both costumes require clothes underneath it, but I don't want to buy them until I see the exact colors of the costumes.
M's birthday shopping is underway, Prime Day helped with that a bit but still there are things to get. Christmas shopping is also underway. It's weird to me that M's birthday is just 2 months out from Christmas. In my family birthdays end with me in August. May, June and August birthdays. Then Husband came along and added April to the mix but still... that's not close to Christmas either.
Fun question: Convertible Car Seats. What is the hip kind these days? C is still RF in the Britax Marathon 70. They don't make that exact seat anymore and the click-tight just had a recall. I am up to my eyeballs in reviews and I just don't know. But it will soon be time for M to move on and while I am sad about that I want to know she's in a good seat. I am irrationally against the Graco brand (seriously, I have no good reasoning why but I just can't do it.) but other than that I am open to suggestions. Clearly we are extended rear-facers so a seat that is good for that is great.
I am throwing a shower this weekend for one of Husband's cousins and I am pretty sad because it looks like next to no one is coming. Me and the cousin co-host, her sisters, 1 aunt and grandma. I haven't heard back from a few cousins but it bums me out on her behalf. From a hosting perspective, it makes my job very easy however.
Anyway. I've got some tidying to do. This little break when C is at school and M is napping is good.
I was in this same position a couple months back bemoaning that I couldn't get the Britax Marathon 70 for Katharine because Elizabeth had one and I really liked it. Anyway...I know you are opposed to Graco and honestly I kind of had an issue with them (again, for no particular reason)...but I did look into the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 and liked what I saw. We ended up moving Katharine from her Chicco Keyfit 22 (love them - used for both girls) to Elizabeth's Britax Marathon 70 RF and then bought the Graco Nautilus for Elizabeth. It is a full 5pt harness car seat, turns into a high back booster, and then a regular booster. She will be using the 5pt for awhile, so I think this will be her last car seat and it will last for awhile. Just some thoughts if are open to moving C to FF and get him the new seat and give the Britax to M.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am in love with the weather. Seriously. Swooning over here. :)
I'm with you! The fall-ish weather is beautiful!
ReplyDelete