Friday, January 8, 2016

7QT: ALL.THE.THINGS

one. Oh my goodness. My guy is growing up so fast. I signed him up for summer camp yesterday. I have been stalking the site for over a week now waiting for sign ups to begin. I am a big fan of camp and I want my kids to love it too. I did sign him up only for the practice camp. Kinder Camp they call it. For 4-6 year olds. They go for just 3 days. I am so excited for him!! I can hardly wait until July.


two. Also preschool round up is now on the calendar. I am so excited for him even as my poor little heart can't take the fact he's growing up.

three. Let's have a little talk about my friends Melissa and Doug. They make awesome toys. But what is up with their packaging? Seriously, they spend the money to make these wooden boxes with little partitions for all the millions of pieces and they don't have lids. That's no good. They're basically garbage at that point. But they're not cardboard, they're wood so I can't just stick them in the recycling bin. I mean sure they look great all sealed in plastic wrap but once they're open just worthless. All of our Melissa and Doug toys go into Ziplocs, which is the antithesis of buying the wooden toys in the first place.

*Apparently there are many up-cycling projects to be done with the packaging.*



four. It's so far been a pretty mild winter. When I say winter I mean since November not meteorological winter. It did ice storm then snow fell on top of the ice while we were gone. I have always been a get out there and shovel during the snow event kind of girl, but obviously we missed it. As a result we had some giant ice ruts left in our parking area. Blah. But it warmed up this week a bit and I went out every day at nap time and chiseled away at it and cleared it off officially yesterday.


I am super excited about this because it's going to get super cold this weekend, and in this area things tend to melt a little then refreeze, meaning ice ruts can stick around for a LONG time.  My best friend was watching our house and shoveled our sidewalk and in front of our garage. But just past the gate was a giant ice/snow patch and I was not going to live with that until March!

five. Did you hear about the Blue Tooth Pregnancy Test? There's a lot of backlash about it, which I kind of get. $20 is  ridiculous. But I also kind of see the good in it. Some people do need something to talk them through a test. Or maybe your spouse travels a lot for business but he wants to see the results at the same time as you with just a text messaged code. It is not a black and white negative is what I am saying. Someone will appreciate this technology.

six. I just finished Hart of Dixie on Netflix and it was a roller coaster how I felt about it. Season 3 was blah for over half the season, no wonder it got cancelled. But Season 4 redeemed it in the end. It's super cheesy and really predictable but I liked it. I laughed, I cried (like actual tears) and I squeed occasionally.

It was what I needed after finishing Friday Night Lights and The Great British Baking Show. Though seriously, it was like a spider web of dating until everyone had basically dated everyone else. That got old pretty quick. Also it totally made Alabama seem like a good idea (with the same set as Stars Hallow) even though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't actually like living in Alabama.

seven. I joined another book club, this one meets on Sunday afternoon at during the Viking game. Luckily I can watch the first hour or so before the book club starts. We read Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. I am really curious about this discussion because I read the book in two sittings on Wednesday and I think I enjoyed it. It is not a happy book but deeply thought provoking as a parent. I feel like this book is an onion, there's so many layers in it that I will have to mull it over for a good while. A discussion will be helpful in my digestion of the book, though I've never met anyone in the book club other than my bestie.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great weekend! I really do need to find a good book to read but I don't like sad ones so this probably isn't the book for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!