Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

St. Nicholas Day!

Well... Happy St. Nicholas Day!

Last night we set our shoes out. It was a harrowing journey because both kids thought they were putting their shoes on and they were tired... it was kind of a mess. But we prevailed. The shoes were set out, we read the story of St. Nicholas as our bedtime story and the kids went to sleep.

Immediately upon coming back downstairs I set out the stuff because I didn't want to forget.


Typically St. Nicholas brings a book and something little to share. This year he brought each kid a L.L. Bean Adventure Small Duffle  and the Kids in Motion/Kids in Action CDs I bought back in October. Well and a clementine. 

We have been doing this thing since C was a baby where, when we go somewhere, all the stuff goes into the same bag. Well it's not super practical, especially when you have to take everything out to find the tiny little sock ball for the toddler. So even though these are technically the "big" present this year, they got them today. Because they are exciting but not like a toy exciting, and also because then when we pack for Christmas, they already have them. 

It's selfish really. But, L.L. Bean lasts forever. I am still using my yellow Adventure Duffles from college, I have an XLarge and Medium and I love them. I figure the kids can use them as duffles for a good long time and then maybe as gym bags when they're older. 

I hope you are having a wonderful St. Nicholas Day! 



3 comments:

  1. What great gifts! Happy St. Nick's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect gifts, my friend!
    And wait. Wait until you go to bed before your kids!
    That's when it gets tricky. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!