It was a perfect day. Sunny and almost hot in the upper 70s. But these days have been few and far between and we are going to slip into the 30s tonight and tomorrow morning when it's time to leave for school so, I embraced the experience for sure!
Our zoo is so little and really just not that great but it is a great way to spend a few hours. Plus it tires everyone out which is a win in my book. The kids had a great time and that's what really counts.
C has been singing songs all year from preschool by Greg and Steve. I am familiar with them because they used to use some of their songs in the music class when C went. (Now M goes and they still use one of them.) I was really hoping I could buy some tracks on itunes or Amazon music but leave it the world to let truly un-annoying kid music be unavailable digitally.
In his class they have done: Animal Action, Bean Bag Boogie, Going On A Bear Hunt, This is the Way We Do. From music class we know: The Freeze and Listen and Move. And because I love my kids and winter is coming (insert the meme only not really) I just bought two CDs. I honestly could not tell you the last time I bought a CD.
But they are on the way to me so that's good. And my kids will love it. The few songs we can hear on YouTube (not good quality and with talking over it or you better believe I would just video to MP3 them) we listen to repeatedly while they dance around. Plus, the songs tell you what actions to do so that's good listening ears practice. I am sure "cognitive listening skills" is how it would appear on some checklist of goals for a classroom but whatever. I am going to call it listening ears practice.
In other music related things to talk about. C is currently on a Carmen kick. Like "Les Toreadors" from Carmen Suite 1 by Georges Bizet. It's kind of hilarious because he just walks around the house singing it and the cymbal crashes are the best!
I wish I had more to tell you but I really don't. Hope you get to listen to some favorite music today. I am bowing to my kids and will be listening to Carmen and Greg and Steve today. But they will be so happy and that is my favorite.
Happy Wednesday! (Which is also pajama day in our house so... a win.)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!