1. Oscar Mayer Carving Board Southwest Seasoned Chicken
Can you say yum? Husband brought it home for "Taco Tuesday" one week. (Which is really, better names "bastardized Southwestern food Tuesday" since we include quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas and fajitas in our rotation.) They were a great addition to our quesadillas and we've been keeping it in our fridge ever since. I love to make a quesadilla up quick for lunch because I don't really dig peanut butter and my kids survive on pb and js.
I bet these would be really good in a southwest salad too.
2. Brain Quest
The kids each got a set in their stocking this Christmas. C got the preschool one shown and M got "my first" for ages 2-3. I know my brothers and I had brain quest in our day but man, it is even more fun now. These two we have are even more fun because obviously my kids can't really read yet so I get to play too! It is making for some good quality time and learning all wrapped into one. I am not the biggest fan of reading aloud (I do it, my kids do not want for books and reading time.) but this has been fun for me.
3. My new oversized chair.
I told you about our new couch back in December. Well for Christmas Husband got me the matching oversized chair and a few weeks ago he was able to go pick it up!
Here is a picture of it in action from "favorite sports team" day. (M was not about to be left out!) Because of the addition of it to our living room, we rearranged the furniture. I am digging it and the chair. C calls it "The chair for two kids." I call it supremely comfy!
4. Finding Dory is on Netflix
We never made it to go see it in the theater and we still haven't seen it. I am smelling a Movie Night in the near future!
5. I Learned The Secret to Pandora Radio
The secret is never to like a song. Give it all the dislikes in the world but never thumbs up a song. That way it is constantly trying to find you something you like instead and gives you variety. Because we've all been there with Pandora where it only plays the same 4 songs in every version possible until the end of time. It is making my Pandora listening so much better.
6. It is February! (Without Lent.)
Lent is still half a month away! The groundhog predicted some more winter, which is fine by me because regardless we should be well into Spring by the time Easter rolls around. And I'll be honest, I like a good gap between my Advent and Lent. #iloveordinarytime
7. Nibbles the Book Monster
Do you have an Usborne consultant? Well, get one if you have young kids. We bought a copy of this book to gift to our niece who is 5. Well C liked it so much it was almost a little overwhelming. He played search for Nibbles and has been putting Nibbles into every single story we've read.
![]() |
| Not my picture but it could be. |
So I ordered another copy for us and as a bonus got the Nibbles stuffed animal too. The fun my kids have had with this since C got home from school today is crazy. Who knew? But it's fun and I am loving it!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!