Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

The Best Weekend

I am so excited to tell you that we had the BEST weekend.

On Friday night, Husband and I went out for dinner and a movie. For the SECOND time in as many months! That's kind of amazing and I love it. It was a nice Valentine's date. We saw Hidden Figures and I really enjoyed it. It was so refreshing to watch a nice, uplifting and happy ending movie. This is definitely one not to miss. Octavia Spencer was great but I am sad that Taraji Hensen isn't nominated for an Academy Award. For all the running she did in a pencil skirt and heels she certainly deserves some sort of recognition!


Saturday was sunny and in the 60s. We turned M's crib into a big girl bed. She has been climbing in and out at her leisure lately and it just wasn't safe so we turned in into the toddler bed option. The other highlights include LOTS of outside time, tricycle riding, a dinner out as a family and a family fun adventure to the lighted skybridge.



Yesterday was more of the same wonderful weather and we spent the bulk of the day outside. C discovered his one true food: fruit pizza and our lives will never be the same. I had book club in the evening and it was a good time.


And today is STILL weekend because of President's Day! Which may be my guy's favorite holiday ever. We started our day with a documentary. Then we made our special holiday treat. 



Lincoln and Washington cookies anyone? The kids LOVED making them and so did I if I am being honest. We also read This Little President. 


After a President dance party (to the President song of course) we are now outside playing before the rain comes this afternoon. I intend to soak up as much of this false spring as possible before the inevitable return of winter. 

So that is our really wonderful LONG weekend and I loved every second! 



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE fruit pizza! I remember one year when I was growing up, I even requested it for my birthday cake!

    And those president snacks are just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see that movie!

    Those cookies look so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!