Another year has passed. Want to know how I know? Because last March I had a St. Patrick's Day post directly followed by an Imagination Station post. Well friends, it's time for this year's Imagination Station post.
Our local PBS Station has this totally free event in March. And it was yesterday! They do ticket the event so that only 200 people can come in for both the morning and afternoon session. I didn't get our tickets until late so we did the afternoon session, from noon to 2:00. It was slightly more chill than last year, so that was good! It helps that I knew what to expect and had studied the map so I knew where to go.
This year we split our group up. C does not like costumed characters and he is quite clear and adamant about that fact. We had scoped out all the rooms and activities that wouldn't have characters and made sure to go to those. So I hung out with C.
We went to the Wild Kratz room first where they had a guy from our local nature center talk about box turtles, fox snakes, American kestrels and great-horned owls. He brought out each animals and spoke about them. It was very cool and my animal lover really enjoyed it. C went to Splash and Bubbles to make a stained glass fish and get a temporary tattoo. Then we went on to Sid the Science Kid and did some science experiments. (They were not as cool as I was maybe expecting but that's okay, C liked it.) We snuck into the Curious George room and nabbed the craft to take home. George was in there so we just got out of there real quick.
In the Martha Speaks room there were therapy dogs. We went in but it was REALLY hot in the room for some reason and since we had just spent a week with dogs it wasn't a exciting to him. So we went to Super Why and colored a mask and played the word bucket throw before he was scheduled to appear. We got a crown from the Princess Presto room. Then we went to Peg + Cat for some of the activities.
M had a very different experience at the Imagination Station. She was on a mission to meet all the characters and they met them all except the Jet, Set, Go! guy. (And we don't even watch that show so I don't know his name.) The first priority was to meet Daniel Tiger. After that she met Clifford and got Clifford ears, which was one of the only activities she did! She also got a crown, a temporary fish tattoo and did some of the Peg + Cat activities. She stopped off to sing a song about bubbles with Mr. Steve. She met Whyatt, Princess Presto, George, Daniel, Clifford, Nature Cat, Peg and we waved to Cat in the hallway, so not a true meet and greet but pretty close.
All in all it was a great family event and was so much fun to spend time with our family. Afterwords we went out for a late lunch/early dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Outback is one of my favorites and it did not disappoint. It was a perfect day!

That event sounds os much fun! I know the girls would love it. I need to see if they have anything like that in the Twin Cities for next year. Thanks for the recap!
ReplyDelete