Tuesday, September 13, 2022

It's Been A Week

 It's been a whole week and I have nothing to show for it. Not even decent pictures of the fun stuff we've been up to. Because there hasn't been anything particularly interesting or fun.

Last week we got a box that was MASSIVE. Truly, half the size of my 10-year-old. (True, he's a small 10yo but still...)  And it contained one shirt. I was flabbergasted when I opened my door to see such a large box. 



I remain flabbergasted a week later looking at the picture. Typically Amazon sends shirts in those little plastic mailers... whatever. It made it to me and it fits so that's what's important I guess. 

M had her first soccer game of the season. Friday night before the game she drew this picture. And I love it. 


The game was good. We won 8-1 and we actually scored that goal for the other team. It was a mistake but I was glad. The poor other kids. This year the fields are much bigger and they have 9 players on a team, one of them being a goalie. They've never played with goalies before and the first quarter ended and we had scored 5 goals, the little girl on the other team was just absolutely crushed and sobbing on her sideline. I was so sad for her. It's such a thankless job and so difficult at age 7. 

Afterward, we went out for lunch. 



And that's truly all that's new or interesting over here. Lots of LIFE stuff going on. It's not all good or bad, mostly meh. So that's what's up over this way. Happy Tuesday!





5 comments:

  1. The shirt in the big box made me laugh because that has happened to me before! What is Amazon thinking? So funny! Have a great week and a happy Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad when a team beats another one so badly, I like when coaches use the mercy rule and tell their players to just practice passing and don't score. Not that I'm a fan of "everybody gets a trophy" - nope, every game has a winner and a loser and kids need to learn that - but they don't need to be beat up so terribly. We're in a season of meh too, good way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had that rule! Everyone on the team had to score a goal before anyone could score a second time, then when we were up 4-0 everyone had to pass twice before shooting, then they weren't allowed in the goal box. I swear they tried to not be mean!!

      Delete
  3. That box!! I'm guessing the little thin envelopes had been used at that packing station and the packer was too lazy/disinterested/almost done with their shift to care to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe that's an amazon worker's version of a practical joke. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!