Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Okay Then

Life has just been chugging away like normal. And I don't have too much to show for it I am afraid. Not for lack of doing things but you get it. 

So let's see in the last week... we took school pictures. And lucky me, I got to take one too! I wasn't super thrilled with that prospect but I ended up going over with the three-year-olds and it is a little difficult to be jaded when you get to take your picture with kids who haven't ever had a school picture before. 



C and M are both doing a show at the Center. Where C did Elf last year. This year the show is The Little Mermaid Jr. They had auditions and last Tuesday we got the cast list. C is going to be Grimsby, which is a good role for him but also a much bigger role than before. He has been working hard on his music this past week and trying to memorize his lines. 

M apparently really rocked her audition and I am so so happy about that. She was cast as a tentacle and a sea creature. She auditioned for the seahorse. (A small part with one line.) Tentacle means she is attached to Ursula and will get a lot of stage time, so she actually got an upgrade from what she was hoping for. She has been working on her songs as well, which was their homework before the Thursday rehearsal. 

My little theatre-loving heart is so happy about it! 

Thursday and Friday, I went on a staff retreat at one of our Deacon's cabin. Cabin is a loose phrase, because while it technically is, in fact, a log cabin. 


We were not in any way roughing it. 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and it's gorgeous inside. 




So that's where I was those days. Saturday M had a soccer game and they played really well together as a team, M played so incredibly well. I took no pictures. We then went out to lunch at Olive Garden for a very fancy meal because we had a gift card. I took no pictures there either. 

Saturday night was the Back to School block party. The one with the food and the beer, and the carnival games, inflatables, and rides? The only picture I took of my family was this gorgeous framer: 


But a good time was had by all of us. The kids both won the cakewalk and made such good selections. C won blueberry muffins and M won some decorated cookies!! Breakfast and dessert for Sunday and not too too much cake to have sitting around the house. 

So that's what we have been up to. It's not much is it? But it feels like we have been so busy. 


1 comment:

  1. Now that's my kind of cabin! So nice! I love that your kids live the theatre as much as you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!