Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

Blue, Yellow, Red, Come Get Fed!

 Friday was the STEM fair! C's project was called Blue, Yellow, Red Come Get Fed: Which Color Bird Feeder Attracts the Most Birds.


He did a nice job on his project and we are very proud of him! 


We bought 3 identical bird feeders in three colors. He hypothesized blue would be the most popular because everyone talks about blue light from screens. 

Each feeder was filled with black oil sunflower seed and hung on the garage in a spot where squirrels could not get to them. 




He weighed them periodically and rotated them too. Blue actually was the most popular color but not by a ton... turns out birds just like to eat. 

But the project was fun because we got to watch birds and now we have a ton of birdseed for the season and some cheerful feeders!

I am not going to lie, I am not sad this project is over. It was a lot of work honestly. But hey, he got a good grade and all is well! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great science project idea!!! And you know I absolutely love the subject matter
    ! I'm glad he got a great grade and you have some really cute feeders now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great project! Next year he can do different shapes instead of colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!