Hello!
So... on Monday night about an hour after my new tire was put on my car... we had a tornado. I wish I was joking. I am not.
The green line represents the path of the tornado.
My house is directly in the path of the green line. Not even kidding.
We knew there was going to be some bad weather patterns and as I typically do when they call for bad weather, when I got home I put some holy water on our big tree and our house. And we didn't even lose one branch. My neighbors did not fair as well.
There was a huge tree about 2 houses up from us that blocked the whole street in fact.
We lost power sometime around 7:20ish pm on Monday night.
The thing that was so crazy is that the rest of town had power just fine. It was just these neighborhoods around the green line. Work was also in the path, not as directly under the green line as my house but enough that there wasn't any power and work was closed yesterday too.
So I spent the day at the library and my friend's house, charging my phone and keeping cool.
And just as I was getting home from my friend's house power got restored about 4:00 pm yesterday afternoon. Thank you linemen! And God! I really thrive with electricity.
We are very grateful that we just have a fridge of food spoiled as our only damage. Easily replaced and dealt with.
Though... it's been a pretty full week of craziness with some work news, my car and this storm, it'd sure be okay with me if we could have some calmness for a few days.

Putting holy water on your tree was brilliant!!! And I, too, thrive with electricity!
ReplyDelete