Monday, September 30, 2024

An Installation and Weekend

Friday was the Installation of the new Bishop. 

Tickets were hard to come by, I only got one on the second round, and then someone who was a flag bearer had an extra ticket so I was able to the night before snag one for C. 

The kids had a 2-hour early out, which was not related to the installation but helpful! Husband came to pick up M and then C and I changed into nicer clothes and headed to the Cathedral. We got there about 1:15 and parking was already getting scarce. 


The Mass started at 2:00 pm and it was lovely. Long. But lovely. He's a picture of the nuncio. (That was admittedly so cool!) 


Here is Bishop-elect walking around with his letter proving it says his name. 


And here he is in his new seat! Praise be to God! 

One big takeaway was the Litany of Saints while Bishop lay prostrate. I don't know if he took a power nap or what, but it was 9.5 minutes long! So slow!!! 

After the installation, we went home and watched Sister Act. 


It's my favorite movie after all and I was so so sad to hear of Maggie Smith's passing. 

Saturday brought a soccer game and the Back to School Block Party. At which I took no pictures. And you know what? That's okay. 

Yesterday we went to see our friend play football. He did such a nice job and today is HIS 10th birthday! (M has a lot of friends with Fall birthdays!) 


And the Packers lost to the Vikings at Lambeau. And you really love to see that! 


They can just live at the bottom of the division forever as far as I am concerned! 

We also had Confirmation Rehearsal and that went well. We are all geared up for next week with the Bishop, it's his first big thing as Bishop so I am trying to make sure it goes well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!