So C has loved loved The Wild Robot books since he first read one in second grade! He continues to keep up with the series even though they are definitely below his reading level.
The movie came out last week and C had been counting down the days. We went the two of us on Tuesday. (It's discount day at the theater!)
We laughed. We cried. It was just an absolutely breathtaking movie--gorgeous animation and a truly heartfelt story.
Even though the books are written for like 7-year-olds, I barely got through the book in time! His teacher has the 11th commandment: Thou shall not watch the movie before reading the book.
We loved it! My editor who has never read the books LOVED it and said it was the best kid's movie he has EVER seen. 10/10!
And time with my guy is also 10/10.

Thank you!!!! Do you watch Big Brother? They had a competition and the prize was a screening of this movie for the winner and a few others. We thought it looked so good!!! I am so glad you and your guy got to see it and it was as good as it looks!
ReplyDeleteThank you for reviewing this, I hadn't heard of it (adding books to my 3rd graders list now!) and I'm always weary of hidden messages in kid movies. Good to know this one has been Madeline and C approved!
ReplyDeletewary...and I guess weary too ;)
Delete