My Sweet Girl,
Happy Birthday Baby!
I am so glad you're you. You challenge me daily in the best ways but also frustrating ones. You just know what you like and want things the way you want it.
This is the school year we're focusing on effort. I know it must be so difficult to have C as your only sibling sometimes: in many ways, he is setting you up for the real world more than you know. The world is full of people who can annoy you and seem to be good at all the things and sometimes we have to work really hard to just try to keep up. For what it's worth, spelling is a good skill to have but spellcheck is really great too!
You are the best and kindest friend--I appreciate that quality in you so much and I am so thankful for you to have that skill, I pray that you will always be a good friend and welcome people into the fun along with you.
Piano is giving you a run for its money. You wanted to play so badly but now that you're in the thick of it, you don't love it. But I think you will. And Taylor Hanson told you to keep playing so... sorry kid. That's your activity right now as soccer has come to a close. Keep going. You'll get there.
People have been asking me how I feel about you being ten, since you're my baby and all. But either I am in denial or really well-adjusted because it just feels obvious to me that you're ten. You're ready to be a full on tween and I am so excited to watch you grow this year. It goes by in a blink of course but I just really enjoy who you are right this second and I wouldn't want time to stop at all. You're growing just as you're supposed to.
I love that you love art so much still. It makes my heart so happy! Keep playing Barbies as long as you want. Did you need new ones for your birthday? Absolutely not but I am still so tickled you wanted them since others in your grade are asking for crazy things like Kendra Scott necklaces, Sephora and other things you don't know or care about. You might be 10, but you're still a kid and I am so so glad.
It continually cracks me up that you're such a high-needs sleeper. And you know what? I am okay with that because you get good rest. As long as you're in a bed, not too hot, have a white noise machine, a fan blowing in your face, your eye mask, a blanket, goat and Shu Shu you're golden. Ha! Goal for this year is to learn how to snooze in a car. That would help!
You love: Art. Taylor Swift. Pop music in general. Pink. Purple. Singing. Playing outside. Spending time with friends. Strawberries. Donuts. Pandas. Camp. Shorts. Chicken Tendies. Cain. Dancing for joy.
**I still feel bad that I couldn't get tickets to take you to the Eras Tour. But... sometimes we just can't do everything we want. I really hope that doesn't come up in therapy sometime in years to come!!**
I love you so incredibly much. I am so glad you're mine. Happy Happy Birthday M!
Love, Mom

Happy double digits M! I love her high maintenance sleeping needs, the girl definitely knows what she likes.
ReplyDelete