For this story I need you to know that my mom has been really into taking classes at her library for like the last year. And she's been harping on me to also take a library class.
The thing is that these classes fill up very quickly and often have waitlists.
So she started scoping out the classes offered here. That's actually how Husband came to take a rain barrel class this summer. Anyway, she very much wanted me to take a class so I let her sign me up for a String Art class that took place last night.
I got there early. So early in fact that early voting was still going on and I wasn't anticipating that to be the case so I voted and now can check the box on that. I am delighted because the county moved my polling place to a venue that creeps me out and I didn't want to go there. ANYWAY, you should vote or make a plan to.
So String Art. I got there and then immediately began texting my mom. The cat was different. Some people were mad. I liked the cat face better to be honest.
And while I was at the class, all the ladies had their phones out to register for a class that went live at 6:30. I said something to my mom and it was weirdly a class she had already told us about because she thought Husband would like it. (That art major of his you know.) So... she got right on and snagged the class. 😂😂
Some women in the string art classroom got waitlisted and there I was with a ringer. And one lady was selling me on the classes offered at other libraries. So I somehow got signed up for a Holiday card class too.
To be honest, I might end up canceling and letting some of the waitlist people go but who knows? They're free!
So I gave it a whirl. The ladies were intense and it was a little crazy. But... I did get a free string art cat out of the deal so worth it? And I voted. Pretty successful night I suppose.











Wow so funny About the intense competition for the free library classes. I have never taken a library class of any kind. I do cherish a burning desire to do one of those paint n sip classes. Finally our home school mom club is going to host one of those next month just for a social night. Check that off my bucket list. I think it's great that your mom is trying to help you experience some unique thinget out of the house do something fun etc.
ReplyDelete