Monday, September 21, 2015

Kick! Kick! Kick!


Soccer went well again today. C was a pretty good listener until the end when he was kind of done. But that is to be expected at some point with 2 and 3 year olds. The uniforms on the group are just darling. I can't handle it. I really hope we can get a group picture before this is all over but I don't want to be the one to ask. 

There were a lot of dads there this week. I think some of the moms went home an explained how their kids did last week, and the "my kid is going to like sports" dads rallied and showed up. It didn't make a huge difference for some of the kids though, in fact one dad was just getting all riled up and then his kid got all riled up and it just wasn't good. 



So M did a good job watching from the stroller. We would talk about what was going on and she seemed to like watching a lot. So at the end, after the kids had dispersed to the playground I let her out and handed her C's ball. She immediately put in on the ground and took off, kicking the ball. She might just be a soccer savant because she kicked it across the field and all the way into the goal. It was kind of amazing. 


I might have to get some good camping chairs and a soccer ball fleece tie blanket, maybe start practicing slicing oranges, because it looks as though I might yet turn out to be a soccer mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!