Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Painting and Christmas Programs

Last Friday, I went with my friend to one of those "paint a picture" events. She is a teacher and her PTA was hosting the event. I was really excited because I had never been to one before but always wanted to.

It was a bust. I mean I had fun with two of my friends. But the painting experience was lackluster. Because it was a PTA thing, they didn't actually hire like a real artist. So all of the paintings looked like they were done by six-year-olds because the two teachers didn't so much teach as walk around telling everybody that they had good texture and "it looks great!" Spoiler: they didn't.

 Husband, who as an art major actually knows how to paint, thinks that they picked a picture that was deceptively hard because achieving subtlety actually takes skill. You can see what it's supposed to look like over on the left. Mine started out pretty good I think.


It started out okay, but by the time we got to "snow humps" it was all over. 


The final product. None of us were super impressed. Mine is the one in the middle. I had lights on my tree but they looked dumb so I painted over them and ran out of time. 



Today was the three-year-old preschool mini Christmas program. It was very cute. I got only awful pictures, however. 





Tonight is the big K-4 program and tomorrow as well. Husband is going to take C tonight and then M and I will go in the morning because bedtime is sacred to me and we are already messing with C's for the program. The kindergarteners are on first and then they are done, but they have to stay which quite frankly makes little sense but whatever. I am a rule follower.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good preschool and Kindergarten pageant! They are always sooooo cute! I hate that you didn't have a good painting experience. You should definitely go to one that is taught by an actual artist. The one Sarah and my mom go to is awesome. I think my mom is addicted though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!