Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whiskers on Kittens

I am linking up my Five Favorites with Hallie. It's fun. 


1. Plumbing. I love it. I love indoor plumbing. I cannot imagine life without it and honestly I don't even want to try. Plumbing is why I don't camp. That and my distaste for nature. But mostly the no plumbing thing. Well come to think of it there are a lot of reasons I don't camp but suffice it to say I do love indoor plumbing!

2. UPS. I love it. There is really nothing like the anticipation of seeing the "Out for Delivery" notification. Now since the relocation to this dwelling my UPS delivery driver has changed. (Sad, I had a good relationship with Mike, my old guy.) And instead of coming at any normal time I am almost assured an after 3:00 PM delivery but... that's okay. I still love it and getting packages.

3. Amy Sherman-Palladino. She doesn't know who I am. But she is my soul mate and I adore her. I love Gilmore Girls. I love Bunheads. I don't know anyone who loves them with the intensity that I do. Or to the deepest devotion. I for one, am a purest, and would NOT like to see a Gilmore movie. I however would love to see a Bunheads renewal with a full season ordered. More than a fan of the actors, I love AS-P. And I would love to sit down with her and talk for an hour. About anything at all. Even if that would somehow shatter the image I would do it. I am slightly convinced she is the most like me person in the entertainment industry and possibly the universe. More than slightly actually.

4. Dole Pineapple. I feel like pineapple is one of the things that if you don't buy the brand you get a lower quality fruit. And we sure do go through the pineapple. I love it. C loves it. Husband... well if he doesn't love it sure tolerates it because we have it all.the.time. I thought we were out on Monday (we weren't) and I was not happy.

5. Everyone lamented the loss of Twinkies. Not one media outlet discussed the travesty that is the loss of the Donette. Which has been a road trip staple of mine for most of my life. Since I can remember road trips anyhow. None of the other brands are as tasty. It is a major loss.

Have a delightful Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen Gilmore Girls or Bunheads, but now that the Office is over, I've got time to waste. I'll check it out. Totes agree with you on the pineapple. And #5, I loved the ding-dong. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, getting packages is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen either of those shows either...I like Switched at Birth though...and my new waiting for the next season show, Pretty Little Liars. Shocked? I like those shows...wouldn't let my girls watch them though...

    Pineapple, only like fresh...Sam's Club only around 2 bucks.
    Canned I only use for fruit salads!

    Funny what you said about that song, "Dynomite" I'll be thinking of your honeymoon now every time I listen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting packages makes my day- love it. And I am extremely thankful for indoor plumbing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't like camping? What the what? :) We love to camp. But what about camping at a state park where they have indoor plumbing - working flush toilets, showers, etc. Granted you have to walk to the facilities from your camp site, but would you still rule that out? That is the kind of camping we do the most.

    I love getting packages too, but most of mine come through the post office. The UPS very rarely stops by our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've just never gotten the point. I have a house. ;) So all the things, for instance, my in-laws like to do when they camp: fish, hike, canoe, sit around a fire... I like them too, I just like going home at the end. Well to be honest I don't really like hiking but I do like to canoe. As far as camping gear we have 2 sleeping bags that have never been used (as part of our 72 hours kits) and my parents gave us a cooler in April. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, this must be one of those "there are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that like camping and those that don't". Funny, I love not being able to go home at end of it, sleeping in a tent, or now that we have a pop-up camper - that is the best part. The silence...especially the silence.

      What is a 72 hour kit? Is that for when there is a natural disaster or something? Did you follow a specific list for what to put in your kit? Where do you store the kits? Super curios. If I wasn't so tired, I would probably start googling, but that never ends up well...I just get sucked in and go to bed even later. So I will resist. This time. Or until tomorrow. LOL! (signed in under my other account...JBTC).

      Delete
    3. Yep it is for natural disasters or any reason why we'd have to leave our home for a while before help would arrive. I am way not a full on preper but I do have two fully loaded backpacks. (They're supposed to be easily portable so you can leave.) I do have a list but I mostly just bought a two person kit off Amazon and supplemented based on our needs. Perhaps this would be an interesting post. Stay tuned!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!