Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Raindrops on Roses. (Not Really--5 Other Things.)

Hopping on the train to bring you my 5 favorite things (for now) Thanks to Grace for hosting since Hallie is off gallivanting and enjoying life. I actually think Grace is gallivanting too but apparently hosting from afar. 




1. Nuby cups. Since the big birthday is coming up the cord is being cut with bottles. But alas C has no interest in hard spout sippy cups. The nuby cups are perfect. And since we bought a 4 pack at Sam's Club for $5 I will say the price was right! I'll probably buy another pack just so I'm not washing cups every ten minutes but I am glad these ones work! 

2. Ball pits. I love them. It has been my life's ambition to have a giant ball pit in my home since I was younger. Now I am a long way off from that but I did get a small tiny ball pit for Cs birthday with 125 balls and I am SO excited. In fact I'm letting him get it this weekend since I can't wait. Dreams are becoming reality. 

3. My Macaroni and Cheese Pot. This pot is magic. It deserves an entire blog post. But suffice it to say, I have had it forever and it is the only remaining piece of the set that I think of when I think of my parent's pots and pans. Which is dumb since I've had it a million years. (Like 7) And they're on like their fifth set since then or something. I love this pot. And while I do make other things besides boxed mac and cheese in it, I flat out refuse to make mac and cheese in anything but. 

4. Robert Francis Weatherbee by Muro Leaf. This is not a picture of my copy. But oh my gosh it is just the best book ever. Humor. Simplicity. Parenting philosophy. Okay not really on the last one, but sort of all at the same time. If you are lucky enough to stumble upon a copy of it... buy it! 

5. Story of my life. I am absolutely the person who laughs at completely inapropriate times. Funerals especially. I luck out that I laugh silently. And shake. And as long as I have Kleenex I can pretend I am just really upset. But yep. I am that person. Always. Husband is a BIG fan. Not really. 

5 comments:

  1. It's universal - that laugh at bad times thing.
    I did it when my mom told me my uncle had died of AIDS, for pity's sakes. Just busted out laughing. But I was also 13...

    I also laugh when the baby poops the bed, throws up on strangers, and when the car won't start as we're about to set off on a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just introduced those sippy cups at dinner last night! My little man was born 5.23.12 and we are trying to break the bottle habit too. It helps that after his birthday he wont be allowed to have it at daycare, but I'm scrambling now to find replacements he will use!

    Glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those nuby cups...cannot even look at them without holding my breasts...I got those with my last baby when she was about 1 1/2 and we got them for vacation, I thought, easy, only 2 pieces...I was still nursing her and she started sucking differently because of them, I had the sorest nipples...like newborn baby sore.

    Old pans are the best.
    I'm trying to call you Madeline, but you'll always be Snarky in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1- we just bought the 4 pack of those at Sam's this week as well...ha, ha. R loves them. Much better than the ones with handles on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke isn't a big fan of the hard sippy cup spouts either, but the soft ones he does use. Now does he use them often & like them, that's another story. We'll get there.
    Also ... ball pits ... LOVE THEM!!! Luke got one from him GM & GP for his birthday. Not 125 balls, but maybe 20. And we throw in foam blocks as well (cheap, cheap, cheap! :)) He LOVES it and keeps dragging it all over, turning it upside down, crawling out through the peepholes. Best. Gift. Ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!