Thursday, May 30, 2013

Selfies. Theme Thursday.

Oh goodness. Self Portrait Day.

I mean, we all knew this was coming. But... I don't take pictures of myself. I blessedly just missed the "stand in the mirror with your cell phone and make a duck face then post it all over the internet" age range. It's really a foreign concept to me. So I got out the camera and started clicking. Some with the whole here's my arm holding the camera and some with the self timer thingy.

It's a good thing we don't have to post all the pictures we take because lemme tell you, there are some real winners. Lucky for me I found one that didn't completely make me roll my eyes and cry inwardly. (Possibly outwardly... but I'll never tell.)


This was taken on the good camera. On auto focus. Because I was taking a picture of myself. And to take a selfy was challenging enough. Manual focus? As Sweet Brown will tell you "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Then... I played with photoshop. Since we own it and I wanted to. But seriously, I have NO idea what happened. Sorry for my lack of Pioneer Woman-esque photography tutorial. :)





So. There I am.
I don't know what this picture says about me as a person. But it's the one I liked the best so I guess it must speak to me in some way.


Link up your beautiful self so I can see what you look like. I'm curious like that.

Then get ready for June! Looking forward to girls, dad, water and black and white!

10 comments:

  1. You look like Cari!! That is so weird and cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT!!
      I saw that first picture, before the treatments, and I had this dizzying moment where I thought, "How did she get a hold of one of my outtakes from this morning?"

      That was the weirdest 12 seconds of my life.
      We could be twins.
      Which is sad for you. But good for me, since it means I'm in my 20s again!

      Delete
    2. Ha! If I turn out half as cool as you then I'm pretty lucky. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the series! Interesting what different qualities the different filters bring out. As far as what it says of you as a person...probably creative, really to try out new things, and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing as Cari and Colleen! Your eyes and Cari's have striking similarities.

    I love the color shifts. It's a fun effect, and you look great in blue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I prefer you in yellow, it brings out more of your lovely eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love how the different filters change the feel of the shot- nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I like the last one the best. It does seem to bring something out in you. And I saw the Cari and Colleen similarity too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally saw the Cari in this too, and I feel you on the manual focus - no way was I trying that with selfies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!