Wednesday, April 30, 2014

5 Favorites: Resort Style


Due to my lack of motivation to write but still feeling the urge to write, I am going to cop out with a 5 Favorites post about the resort we stayed at. 

1. This was the view from my balcony. 


First off, every room HAD a balcony. But when we got there, it was Husband's 30th birthday and we got upgraded to a 10th level pool/Disney view room. We were fans. This gave us fireworks to look at every night without any crowds and well... those pools are gorgeous. You could paddle boat or kyak on that lake. There were also mini-golf, regular golf and trails all around to walk or bike on. Pretty nice. 

2. Relaxing Pool Side

I was able to spend quite a bit of time by the pool. Reading and snoozing. In this chair I lasted about 40 minutes because I didn't want to burn. 

3. Socializing by the pool.

On Friday, when all sorts of people had shown up from the company, we all spent HOURS by the pool. And the company paid for food and beverages galore so that was pretty great. I was able to swim but not until Friday night when I had the pool basically to myself. 

4. Proximity


We are a Disney people and Mickey is our guy. In this picture, also from my balcony, see that white blob at the top of the picture near the skyline? That is the La Nouba Tent at Downtown Disney. It's not a good picture. But like I said, we could also see Cinderella's Castle, Spaceship Earth and Downtown Disney clearly. I'm a fan! Next best thing to staying on Disney property which is my preference. (But we weren't there for us so... it worked out.)

5. Spending Time in Downtown Disney


I actually was able to get to Downtown Disney twice, once on Wednesday night to celebrate Husband's birthday. We ate at Raglan Road, an Irish pub. We ate there on our honeymoon and it was a wonderful evening of chatting and reminiscing. One of my college roommates actually lives in the Orlando area so on Thursday she and her husband picked me up and we went back to Downtown Disney. We ate at Earl of Sandwich (A new to me experience and one that I will be repeating for sure.) and then we were able to walk around I bought the tee shirts I regretted not buying the night before. 

So there you have it. 

3 comments:

  1. The view from that balcony looks amazing. Sounds like you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    I am a Disney Lover as well!
    And this trip looked amazing for you.
    Nice to meet a fellow "shade" girl!
    I hate to burn. Which I do if I stay longer than 15 minutes in the sun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Disney! I can't wait to take Annamarie some time! But spending time minus kids is amazing too, looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!