This is going to be one of those posts. They're all over the interwebs and every once in a while people just have to get down and get real. Today has not been all about glitter and rainbows.
I know. I know that I am blessed and lucky and all the good things. But just for a while I'm not feeling it and I'm going to let it out.
In his act of service to me this weekend, Husband cleaned out the car. It looks great. Air in the tires. Vacuumed out. All the miscellaneous toys and cups are gone. Pretty swell. Switched C's seat to behind the driver so that Baby can take over the passenger side. Also he re-caulked some tile in the bathroom because he was concerned about a slow water leak. It's all fixed now!
And I should be thrilled. THRILLED! My husband helps me around the house. (And he does and he did a lot more this weekend that I haven't even mentioned.)
But I am grumpy. Because I can't shower for another 12 hours to let the caulk dry and set. And I love showers. Especially right now.
And I was debating whether or not to go to the museum and music class this morning and I eventually decided that "why not?" Worst case scenario it would send me into labor. Who am I kidding? Best case scenario right there! And I got us both dressed. A task that was not exactly speedy. Shoes on. Out to the garage and buckled in. And the car won't start. The battery is dead.
Now we have AAA. A dead battery is a drop in the bucket. But at the moment I turned the key and got the clicking noise... I was done. I used all that energy to get ready and then to go do something fun with C and my hopes were dashed. I am not a plan B kind of girl. I like plan A which why I planned in the first place.
39 weeks and 1 day pregnant does not apparently agree with me. I am grumpy. Taking all the things a little too personally.
OBVIOUSLY Husband did not mean to drain the battery while he was cleaning the car. And since I showered yesterday at 4:00 it's not at all a crisis that I can't shower rightthissecond. It isn't a crisis at all.
I am emotional. And hormonal. And I want this baby to come out. But I can't force her out. Babies are born on their birthdays and all that happy logical stuff.
I just don't feel logical right now.
I am not looking for sympathy here. My life is not a crisis. Just ignore this post. Really. I just needed to let it out. I feel a little better already.


You are being real. And life is real.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, my friend. : )
Here's hoping you are relaxing in a hot shower soon. : )
Agreed...life does not always FEEL beautiful, even when we know it is! Hoping you can put your feet up and watch some Gilmore Girls this afternoon :) always cheers me up!
ReplyDeleteI agree! Sometimes, you've just got to vent! I hope things look up for your this evening!
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping it real! Kudos. Seriously. I guard against my own keeping it real cuz really, you probably do not wanna read that stuff. It would show you all what I'm really like. lol.
ReplyDeleteI hope that your day got better, today is much better, and that baby girl arrives soon.