Friday, March 13, 2015

7QT


1. It is amazing what a little SPRING weather can bring. We've had a week in the 50s/60s during the day and the "cold" snap tomorrow is going to take us to the mid 50s. Yeah. I'm really upset. Let's just say that I really really needed to open windows and let the sunshine in. I actually didn't realize how blah I was feeling until I was feeling great! 

2, I was feeling so good that I went out into the sculpture garden. (Do you get that reference? My favorite West Wing scene. Hilarious.) No but really I was feeling so good this week I wound up rearranging the downstairs furniture and setting up the fort yesterday instead of waiting for the weekend like originally planned.



My little roly poly has been so fast that I would go into the kitchen to pour her brother some milk (read: not that long) and she'd be in a completely different place doing something she shouldn't. So it was time for child safe containment! It was one of those times where the mess steadily grew and I wanted to cry at it's peak but then the result is totally worth it. 

3. Besides the weather, the latter half of the week was also really good. Wednesday I felt like a rock star. And the day really was phenomenal. But let's also chalk that up to my little introvert self being able to stay home. It's going to sound pathetic, but I barely left the house in February. Really. And I was 100% okay with that. Then in a span of eleven days I left six times and hosted twice. My poor little heart couldn't take it.

4. In what we've been working on this week: inside voice vs outdoor voice. Outdoor voice is winning much to my chagrin. 

5. This past week was a pretty good mail week. I got my Scentsy order, (Satin Sheets, Luna and Pink Haze) the Amazon Subscription box (diapers etc.) and yesterday my glasses came. Plus Highlights High Five and Entertainment Weekly, that's the kind of mail I like! 

6. After about a year of pasta only, we have determined the reasoning C wouldn't eat sauce was because of the meat in it. So we stopped adding meat to it and his little hobo beard self is back. (Husband thinks when his face is saucy it looks like a painted on hobo beard.) The past 2 spaghetti times he has not only had sauce but asked for seconds. 

7. Throw away take to wish you a happy Friday! I will not be linking up with Kelly today because these are spectacularly uninteresting. Have a good weekend friends. 


4 comments:

  1. I always find your posts interesting!!!!
    Maybe because I too am an introvert.
    I too could stay home forever.
    And maybe because I too prefer sauce without meat. : )
    Happy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has warmed up here too and it is sooooooooo nice! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Billie Jo. HOME FOREVER ALL.THE.TIME.
    Introverts Unite!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a good week! I love when the weather gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!