Friday, April 24, 2015

Where the Heck Have I Been: 7QT

Hello Friends! I am here, linking up with Kelly, because I can if I want to and I actually have seven things to say. It's been a long April and I basically fell off the blogging wagon but I am back and prepare yourselves because I've got posts coming out of my yin-yang!

  • Hi! I went to visit my parents. For 9 days and 8 nights. I brought the kids. Husband went on 2 business trips. We had a blast. I was nervous how the car rides would go, but all my planning and it went pretty well. M had to cry it out one time yesterday in the car, which broke my heart because I'm not really a CIO kind of mom but what she really wanted was to not be on the road and I couldn't really do that. 
This is my conquering the road trip duck face selfie.
  • While I was away M turned 6 months old! Anticipate a post coming your way soon with pictures and facts and other baby things. 
She be like "Just let me play Mom, gosh."
  • Speaking of turning... Husband had a birthday! Happy Birthday Husband! We celebrated by all coming home from our respective journeys and having chocolate cake. He got some presents too. 
  • M got to try applesauce because that's our first food of choice. (The orchard and homemadeness and all that. I canned this stuff when I was still pregnant. Or maybe she was a teeny tiny infant. Either way. Family orchard = free apples = first food.) 

Depicting the scene in our kitchen . Toddler eating cake. Baby eating applesauce. Birthday boy feeding applesauce and ignoring the cake. Mom taking pictures for posterity. 
  • While I was away the tree in our backyard got some leaves! Sweet! The tree in my neighbor's yard hasn't made it to that point yet though. Either way, a far cry from the ice pellet sleet and SNOWFLAKES falling on Tuesday. I was decidedly not a fan. It was like your drunk ex sitting on your porch singing to you in hopes you'll fall in love with them again. Only you've been broken up for a month and you really haven't missed them at all. 


  • One of the highlights on my trip was meeting up with the Miss Congeniality of Blogging.* *She didn't actually win that Sheenazing Award but mayhaps she should have because she knows everyone! And is totally awesome.* Okay okay, it's Marie from Joy Beyond the Cross. 
    • We met up at an indoor playground. Which was great we figured that out because if you look back up a take it was SNOWING and very windy. Team Toddler played. Alone and together. It was so funny, C is super cautious in situations where he perceives danger. He would not cross the net tunnel pieces, not even to go down the slides he REALLY wanted to go down. I even had to climb up and help him through the first bit because it was a net and see through plastic and that wasn't good. Elizabeth was just "go go go Little Miss Fearless." Even still they did interact, C even shared his walrus with Elizabeth which a true act of friendship right there! Elizabeth shared her strawberries, and my boy loves strawberries so the bond runs deep. 
    • I bribed C with yogurt covered raisins. 

      How cute is this? They're having a deep talk!
    • The Needy Baby Club of the Midwest met and decided that they didn't really feel like being super needy right then. In fact both girls played in each other's vicinity for a good while then decided to take a nap. This from the "I'm possibly allergic to sleep" group. 
    Playing out of the way of the big kids

    Katharine is already asleep and M would join in very shortly. 

    • Best of all Marie and I got to chat. It was crazy fun. We probably could have kept talking for days and not run out of topics. And since we've been online friends for a while now we just dove into solid conversation. (With the occassional check on/rescue/redirect a kid stuff.) It was great. And now I can call her my friend and don't need to silently add "from online." in my head! 

  • I am pretty sure 1 take with 3 subtakes and 5 pictures rounds up to 2 so I'm just going to wish you a happy Friday here. 

7 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!
    Real life internet friends!!!
    It's so funny because I love you both and I have always thought that you two would be great friends if you knew each other!!! I swear!
    Anyway...enough about me...so happy for you both!
    Love your sweet babes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to like about this post...let's get started. Seriously, the "road trip duck face selfie" - you rock it. Awesome! Happy Birthday to your hubby, glad everything went well for the trip home! And of course, as I mentioned, hanging out with you and the kiddos was my favorite part of the week! I am still laughing at how hard C and E played and her getting stuck because her legs were so tired they gave out on the stair thingy. Both girls were asleep in their car seats by the time we hit the main road. I wish you lived closer. We definitely have to get together again sometime. So much fun chatting and yes, I can always find something to talk about! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Which play thing did you guys go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison - we went to the Williston Treehouse in Minnetonka. It was my first time there and I thought it was great! Super fun for the kids. I think Annamarie would love it. If you ever want to meet there, just let me know. And Madeline just needs to come up again and then we all could meet there! (Also, I do love the Eagles Nest in New Brighton and that is a bit closer to you I think.)

      Delete
  4. AWESOME!!! It sounds like an amazing time!!!
    I love that you met JBTC and the kiddos enjoyed each others company!! :-) Love your selfie together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to meet Marie! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! What fun! For you and the kiddos. So glad that you were finally able to meet Marie. Isn't she the sweetest?! Happy to hear you all survived your time away and the car ride.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!