Ah man. Why is it when you wake up early the days go so well? I really kind of hate waking up early. I am not a morning person. But 6:15 rolled around and I started my day. We're only halfway through but things seem to be going well.
We hosted school this morning and I think it went okay. I think every one of us, even if we can learn from the other moms, is going to have a steep learning curve for the first day. But I have a plan in place already for Thursday.
Did you know that C is for Caterpillar? Well it is. And we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar then read it again and let the kids participate. I made a leaf and caterpillar filled eggs. Then the caterpillars ate the food on each page.
For craft, everyone decorated their own caterpillar. Clearly, my boy doesn't love coloring as much as the girls did. I think that's normal though.
Then for fine motor we had caterpillars eat some noodles.
Those were my C themed activities. Snack and music time wasn't C themed. Then of course there's just free play. The kids seemed to have a good time anyway.
Backing up a bit, we had a really good weekend! We had a Kentucky Derby party on Saturday. We all put on fancy clothes and ate apps, picked our horses and cheered them on. It was running late this year which was weird but it was still a good race. We are good pickers because M's horse won! My horse got second! C's pick was fourth and even Husband picked the sixth place horse. Too bad we didn't have any money on it.
M officially took off crawling on Saturday as well. Fully hands and knees and zooming around. It's pretty cute. She had her 6th month appointment yesterday is is healthy and strong. She is smack dab in the 50% percentile for height and weight.
That's what is up in our neck of the woods. I hope you have a wonderful Cinco De Mayo! We're having Fajitas!

You did awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow much fun are they having?!?!
Enjoy!!!!
Sounds like a great preschool! My best friend used to have a blog that was basically devoted to preschool crafts and activities. She has 4 kids (all older now) and she taught preschool for several years. Her activities are all very basic and down to earth and nonPinteresty. If you are interested in checking it out you might find some things to help you when it's your turn to teach. http://www.jennwa.blogspot.com/ Just look at the labels on the side to help you filter through all the stuff.
ReplyDelete