Friday, November 13, 2015

7QT

one. This kid. 

Oh how he makes me grow as a person. Everything he does is my learning curve too. I can only worry about so much before I become completely overwhelmed and feel like a failure. Then I step back and remember that: 
  1. He is his own person. Comparing him to others steals both of our joy. 
  2. Because he is his own person, every emotion and reaction is not a direct reflection on me and my parenting ability. 
  3. What he really needs is for me to love him. Even when I am frustrated, love has to come first. 
I just need to remind myself occasionally. (Okay, frequently.) I think I am in the camp of age 3 is harder than age 2. Because 3 is kicking my butt. 



two. We had our quality time art class today. It was good. Until the end. There were tears again but not nearly so dramatic as last week. So I guess, at art class, my kid is just going to be the crying kid. We are a work in progress. 

It was because of this water table he was so upset to leave. It's always a sensory activity. Last week: water beads. This week: popcorn. Next week: I'm not sure but I bet you he's going to love it. 


I am glad he was having fun however. I am very glad for that. 

three. He also needs a haircut this weekend. 

four. M had to wear a hat outside today because it's cold and crazy windy. 


Her hair as a result was making me laugh. 

five. She does not need a haircut. It's going to be a long time before that's a concern of mine. 

six. I got my holiday scents from Scentsy. I know I haven't posted about it at all since last year but I am totally in love with Scentsy. I should probably just sign up just so that I get commission on my own orders. I am only half joking about that too. 

seven. 

Even though this morning did not go the way I wanted it to, I am going to be grateful for it. I am going to smile, make a lasagna for my family and focus on the good stuff. 

4 comments:

  1. We were also in the three is harder than two camp, because that's the way it was with all five of our boys. We really couldn't figure out why everyone talked about the "terrible twos," because our boys were sort of angelic until they hit three. Three was challenging!

    Your whole #1 was beautiful, by the way. And something all young parents should read.

    M and I have the same hair. To this day, I dread having to wear a winter hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought that three was waaaaaaaay harder than 2! And perhaps a water/sensory table will be on his Christmas list?! We used to have one and the kids loved it when they were little. It would make a great addition to your preschool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I will also say I was one to think three was way harder than two! At two Annamarie was so sweet. At three she started getting sassy. Now at four she is starting to understand how things have consequences, but some days are still hard with sass and listening. But four is definitely easier again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to hear/read more about Scentsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!