Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Week in My Life: Saturday

It was a snow day! Or it would have been if it wasn't Saturday. But it was still a home snow day. My day started early, much earlier than my normal Saturday which is usually my day to sleep in. But I heard the troops on the 3 season porch gearing up for outside and I didn't want to miss it.

I got downstairs just in time to see M sobbing on the porch because the boys had left her inside. Really, Husband was just trying to shovel the steps and some of the sidewalk before getting her and she got to go out soon. But it was still snowing. The wind was whipping. It was cold. She put in maybe five minutes before she quit. The boys lasted a little longer.


After everyone was inside and warm... I went back to bed. Well first I snuggled M and got her down for her morning rest and then I went back to bed. Sleep is my love language.

When I rejoined the group, I talked down my crankypants C from his "NO!" phase. He opted for a PBJ lunch and it only took a little convincing for him to actually eat it. He did not take a nap yesterday. We paid the price today.

After he was down for a rest I headed out to shovel. Let's just sum it up by saying #alliwantforchristmasisasnowblower 5-9 inches of wet heavy snow and boy am I feeling it. Husband joined me after M went down for her afternoon rest and we tag teamed the rest of our parking area and the front steps and sidewalk.

We shoveled into the alley, because right behind our house the alley turns into a hill and if it gets icy it's pretty hazardous. When we were out front on the sidewalk, I shoveled half of our neighbor's sidewalk because it's always good to put into the bank of snow karma. As we came back around the house they were just plowing our alley.
Well we headed right back there to get the windrow of snow that was left at the bottom of our parking area. Best to get those before they freeze into ice chunks. The driver of the truck did a really good job, making several passes, especially on the hill. He was smiley and waved to us and we waved back. We were just thrilled we could get rid of the snow right away and that we had minimized the amount earlier. But the driver came through again and took a giant bit of the windrow with him. He absolutely needn't have done that but we are SO glad that he did.

I wrote an email to the city with his truck number commending him. It is so nice that he took the time to do his job well, and even going above and beyond his duty to be friendly and help us out.

Post-nap time the boys went back outside. But it had gotten colder, and the really good snowman snow turned not so good. Kind of a bummer. But they fashioned a snowman as best they could. Snow angels and playing in the little house made for more fun and then my little guy was cold and had enough. He had a cold relapse and when he's well I imagine he will spend all day out there, but today, short spurts were enough.




Besides the delicious chicken Parmesan we had for dinner, this basically sums up our day. So that is our Saturday. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh your kiddos! What a precious phase of life. Just checking in to say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow!!!! And Naps!!!!!
    The perfect day, my sweet friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sleep is my love language." "Snow karma."

    I love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!