Tuesday we did "Gluing Gumballs" as our opening activity.
We read Good Night Gorilla while stacking the animals taped to mega-blocks. They practiced following along with a story and following patterns.
After snack time we played at the popcorn table, then had a gift exchange and playtime. It was a solid fun two hours and I think everyone enjoyed it!
So that's what I have been up to during the days this week.
We made garbage truck and (clean) garbage murals on contact paper. This was a HIT with my not super excited about crafts boy, but wasn't as fun for the loves crafts girl. Something to note.
We learned to graph with goldfish. Also something fun for my visual learner.
Today was our Christmas party and it was almost entirely gingerbread themed. We started with gingerbread playdough that I made. We just worked on our fine motor skills and played. It was fun. Then we rolled out the dough and put one gingerbread man into the (cold) oven.
We read the story of the gingerbread man and did our typical circle time activities. And we did some music time with the "G" songs, Jingle Bells and Sleigh Ride. We then did what I call a jingle bell jangle. We put the jingle bells on the red blanket and shook it like a parachute. It was great fun to hear the bells and see how far we could shake them. Everyone really seemed to like it.
We played pin the button on the gingerbread man. It was fun. I am kind of attached to my gingerbread man dude. He took like no time at all but I don't want to take him down. At least he's festive!
After that we went back to the oven to get our gingerbread man but when we got there... HE ESCAPED! But he left us a clue!
Oven: You’ll never find me! I don’t think. Especially not by the sink!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
Sink: You’re pretty smart I’ll give you a test! Pianos are a good place to rest!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
Piano: You’ll never know where I’ll choose. I think I will hide by the shoes!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
Porch: Oh my you’re smart, but for a laugh, chase me to where you take a bath!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
Bath Tub: Wow you’re good, I’m barely ahead. I think I’ll take a nap in bed!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
Christopher’s Bed: I am on my way, I’m off this floor. I think I’ll head right out the door!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
Front door: I fooled you good, I’m like a fox! You’ll never look in the toy box!
Run Run as fast as you can! You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!
You Caught Me!
Then we took the baked cookie back downstairs and everyone got one (not from the toy box) to decorate and eat. You can also kind of see the "Grinch Kabobs" too. It's a green grape, slice of banana, strawberry and mini marshmallow. They look like little grinches in Santa hats. We read the book while they ate snack.
After snack time we played at the popcorn table, then had a gift exchange and playtime. It was a solid fun two hours and I think everyone enjoyed it!
So that's what I have been up to during the days this week.









Another fun week of preschool at your house!! I love the gingerbread hunt. What a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteYour gingerbread man is cute; you should definitely leave him up for the holidays!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!! You are amazing, my friend! : )
ReplyDelete