Monday, January 4, 2016

And We're Back!

Our Christmas started early. Because we were going to travel and such, we had our Christmas Eve on December 23 and Santa came on Christmas Eve. (The joys of littles, the magic can be real.)

I borrowed a tradition from Laura Pearl and did Christmas delivery pizza. As fate would have it, my parents did Christmas crackers at their Christmas Eve this year so maybe we'll have to borrow that bit too!



Our Christmas morning was wonderful. Pajamas and presents and monkey bread. Just blissful!


The rest of 2015 was spent traveling. First to my FIL's and then to my parent's. We had a great trip but we are glad to be home. We spent yesterday packing up Christmas decorations, rearranging furniture and unpacking duffle bags and new presents.

C's favorite Christmas present was "Penguin." Whether he means, the giant Emperor Penguin stuffed animal, the smaller aroma stuffed penguin from France, the wooden decorative penguin puzzle or the set of nesting Penguins I'm not sure, but they were not in shortage. (Neither was the walrus and the excitement was real folks. And the Eric Carle MeReader set has literally not been away from him since he opened it so that's right up there too.

My favorite present was a rug for our bedroom. I was definitely not expecting that but I am a huge fan. I have never really appreciated having hard wood floors in my bedroom.

Husband, I think would tell you hi favorite present is socks. Sounds lame but the situation was getting dire. (For casual socks.)

M's favorite present... it's hard to tell  but I think either the little radio/iPod thing or her tea set. But she likes her stuff too. She is one loved little girl!

2015 ended and 2016 has started off pretty good. Since the best of '15 is the thing, here's mine.


Happy Real Life Monday everyone! Reality is a hard pill to swallow, but it's time for some routine again for sure. And the Vikings winning the NFC North last night is kind of a balm for the soul today. Though certain individuals were not happy to have their Daddy go to work this morning. I am sure he feels the same way!



4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great Christmas! I'm ready to get back to the normal schedule once I can get the laundry, the bills, and the stuff under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round-up! Seriously, C and E are meant for each other. I mean, this is getting surreal. While Elizabeth did not receive any penguin related gifts for Christmas, she has been insisting that she walk...err waddle like a penguin multiple times day. :) Crazy kid, but I love it!

    The NFC division game was a bust. Ugh. Unfortunately though, I don't have high hopes for either of our teams next week. At least we can call it a draw this year in terms of the games they played against each other. Who knows, maybe they will play again, but I highly doubt it. I think the Vikings are definitely on a hot streak (but Seattle is tough)...moreso than the Pack.

    Back to the topic at hand, I am glad all of your travels went well. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...reality always returns, doesn't it?
    But your holidays sound as if they were spent happily with the ones you love.
    Yay!
    Happy New Year! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Pizza and crackers! It's the best combo.

    With us, the pizza thing started by accident one year, when I hadn't planned anything and at the last minute we ordered out for pizza (always a thrill for our boys when they were young). They loved it so much that they decided we should do that every Christmas Eve, even when later on the picky eaters weren't so picky anymore. The crackers came a year or so after, when I decided that along with the pizza we needed some sort of special tradition that would be "ours."

    The big thrill for me was when my oldest son started doing pizza and crackers with his own little family on Christmas Eve. And now you guys! Big smiles here. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!