Thursday, January 7, 2016

Theme Thursday: Rule of Thirds

Woah. It's Thursday. There's a theme. Everyone else started school up again this week but we are still off getting our sea legs mostly just because we can. I mean, sure we have places to go, people to see and things to do tomorrow but today is still adjust back to real life mode day. Which I guess, can include Theme Thursday. I mean why not?

Why not? Probably because Micaela picked like actual photography rules and terms as is her right. Only I haven't really picked up the good camera in over a week. And my cell phone shots are pretty nonexistent as well. 

So I will really have to get it together here and plan ahead more than Wednesday night to get decent shots I actually want to blog about. For next week because of course, in adjust back to real life mode I haven't taken pictures at all. 

Imma go back to boxing day which was our Christmas with my family. Some cute pictures and maybe some rule of thirds right? 


I mean not the most shining example of the rule but it technically follows it so it's going to work this week. 

This elephant wants to go on a learning adventure. Open the book, there's lot's to explore. Or so the thing says. *Shaking my fist at VTech Toys* But she really digs this one and it does turn off which is a huge bonus. It also is kind of a story, albeit with a terrible plot, so that is kind of a redeeming factor. And did I mention she really loves it? That's enough to keep it in my good graces because it keeps her away from the computers and cell phones. My little Director of Technology. 

And with that I bid you adieu until next week when I try really hard not to phone in Focal Points. Happy Thursday everybody! 

5 comments:

  1. Shakes fist at VTech! LOL! My life.

    I think that's a pretty darn good example of RoT. I mean, that chubby cheek is right smack in the attention grabbing cheek. I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the definition for the rule of thirds, and I'm not sure I quite get it yet. (I'm feeling like a bit of a photography n00b here. I'm going to go read it again.) But I'm glad you reminded me about Theme Thursday, because I think I'm going to try to join up next week.

    Rule of thirds or not, that is one cute photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about photography except to be super careful when I use Madison's expensive, confusing camera. But darling photo!!!!! Happy Thursday, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I try not to let Vtech into my house!! If yours has an off button, I am envious.

    I think you hit on a couple proper thirds! (And if not, you still have a cute photo of an adorable kiddo. So it's a win.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. M - we live in parallel worlds. Katharine got that exact Vtech toy from Santa. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!