Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday!

It's Thursday. That totally boggles my mind.


I am finally coming out of the grossness I succumbed to last Friday afternoon. I don't know if was actual flu or just the heaviest cold (in my queenly terms) I have ever experienced but it was not fun. It still isn't. I am at the hacking up a lung stage where since it is productive I shouldn't try and stop it but it really hurts!

Let's see here, I don't have too much to report.

On Monday I went out for dinner with my friend to celebrate her birthday. It was pretty good though it was VERY windy. Which then later (after I was home) turned into a severe thunderstorm/tornado warning. It was terribly dreadful to wake my kids up at 10:30 to sit in the basement. But, no damage and then everyone slept really well.

On Tuesday we had friends who would be driving through, and they stopped in and brought us dinner. What a wonderful night that was. It was so thoughtful of them to bring us dinner and nice to visit. I recently read an article that parents need to demonstrate adult friendships for their children to set a good example and so it was excellent to have an opportunity present itself so easily.

My friend who lives in Italy (oh that sounds so glamorous even though it's really kinda not because... the Air Force.) had an Usborne party, and we like books so I ordered a few. One of the things we got was the Animal Doodle Cards.


They are these great wipe clean cards and they are actually pretty fun, even for me! They have Travel Doodles and then a 100 Things to Do cards as well. I got this idea from the consultant of the party but I am a big fan. I just took a hole punch and got some binder rings so now they are even better for travel, because any parent knows that box would have been worthless in a few weeks. 


I made two rings because this isn't my first parenting rodeo. 

And that's about the excitement going on here. So... not much. :) 








2 comments:

  1. Oh man!
    I hope you get feeling better soon!
    Rest up too...as tempting as it is to go full steam ahead, don't.
    A few cozy days with movies and cuddles with your babies is what this dr. orders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. That's too long to be under the weather! And yes, boxes don't last. Not sure why all kids toys aren't just put into plastic containers. Your binder rings are a great solution!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!