Friday afternoon was gorgeous! And we played outside to make it count!! Chalk, bubbles, grass stains, you know all the typical fun that late spring brings to the table.
Saturday night Husband and I went on a date to see The Music Man at our local dinner theater. I really dig The Music Man and always have, wouldn't you just know that I would wind up living in "River City?" But for real, the first song "Rock Island" is the town across the river and one of the quad cities. So the first city into Iowa would be... mine. And they do mention Davenport in "Iowa Stubborn" which has always be one of my favorite parts, even before I lived here.
The show was fine. The dinner was great. And that is because instead of eating the dinner theater's buffet we decided to go out for pizza first. (We had show only tickets so never fear!) It was so nice to get out and see a show.
Sunday was the most precious Mother's Day. I got to sleep in and I got my Casey's breakfast pizza. It was delicious. The kids went with Husband and bought me all sorts of gifts and they were so excited for me to get them. Purple daisies, pineapple decor and C picked out this sunflower welcome sign, I have no idea where I am going to put it but apparently he was quite insistent at the store. And I love it because he loves it.
After Mass where M miraculously had the best behavior of her short life which was shocking since we told her she could go to babysitting and they didn't have it offered. (We were traveling last week so I missed the announcement.) She was a little upset but somehow she pulled it off! Go kid!
We got home and after a lunch it was time for the day's main event. My brother's graduation! Both speakers were good and though I was sad I couldn't be there, my pain was eased by watching the live stream and having root beer floats with my kids running around.
It was a great day!
Today M and I had an awesome morning of grocery shopping and playing outside while C was at school. Then after we picked him up we decided to play outside some more and then we had a picnic lunch. The afternoon was spent playing school with C and rest time so all in all pretty awesome kick off to a new week.
I hope you all had lovely weekends and stellar Mondays!




Sounds like a perfectly lovely weekend! I hope the rest of the week is as great!
ReplyDeleteNow I have that song from the Lego Movie in my head! ;) Great pics and I love M's little curls. So cute!!!! We have had so much rain up here, ugh...hopefully it dries out this weekend!
ReplyDelete