Lately we have had soccer on Wednesdays. Which, sadly has been not great. I don't know why or how Wednesday weather has been so cursed but this class has Tuesdays or Wednesdays. We couldn't get to class on time on Tuesdays because of school so we picked Wednesday. And wouldn't you know that every single Tuesday has been gorgeous and every single Wednesday has been cold/dreary or rainy?
This morning started out a little sunny with clouds so I was hopeful. But the sky started getting darker as we were getting dressed for soccer and I told the kids it was possible class would be canceled. And then on our drive the rain started. And the phone rang. And just like that we had no soccer.
So from the park we made a plan to go grocery shopping. I am so glad I had C run back in the house to get the rain boots. It was POURING when were in the parking lot and so everyone put their boots on and their rain coats.
Ready to rock and roll into the store.
They were having a lot more fun than it looks like I promise. I couldn't get over M's perfectly curled Cindy Brady pigtails. They were cracking me up. Though I will say usually when we go out we encounter lovely people but today was apparently grumpy senior citizens day as well as being rainy.
It was raining so hard I scrapped the Chick-Fil-A plan and bought some chicken tenders and waffle fries. I also got honey mustard because C is super into honey mustard. Also did you know that T. Marzetti Honey French (found in the refrigerated section) tastes just like Chick-Fil-A Polynesian? #truestory and I love it! So homemade Chick-Fil-A worked out just fine. And even though we all looked a little like drowned rats after getting the groceries in the house, it made for an interesting morning!


That was a day you made some fun and happy memories!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I adore her Cindy Brady hair!!!!
I am over rain! Tomorrow night is the kids conference track meet and it's supposed to rain. So, either we will do it in the rain assuming that it's a drizzly kind of rain or it will be raining too hard and it will be on the rain date - this Sunday - MOTHER'S DAY. There go lunch plans with my mom! This is the main reason I love basketball - no worries about the weather! :)
ReplyDelete