Friday, May 12, 2017

TGIF: The Scoop

Happy Friday friends! Instead of quick taking today I am just going to give you a little blurp of what's going on with us. C has two weeks left of preschool and then summer break starts. Ack! We decided in February to hold off making a decision about Kindergarten until May. It's May.

Lately he has started writing love notes, like this one to his sister, and he leaves them as "special deliveries."


And he has been writing his own stories featuring favorite characters and the words he knows how to spell. 



And so my friends, we have decided to send him to kindergarten. He is excited about it, he is excited about learning. He is still one of the most emotional kids I've ever encountered but I truthfully don't think another year is going to change that. And after talking to a lot of people, and having everyone tell me to "go with my gut" that is the choice we have made. 

Earlier this week, he was playing book club. Which was kind of a combo of Super Why! and the fact I am in two book clubs. He built a little clubhouse and then read M and I stories for like a half hour. It was very sweet. I love how his mind works. 

M is one sweet little ball of sunshine. She LOVES dandelions and she calls them sunflowers. I can't bring myself to correct her just yet because she is so precious with them. 


This morning we went to the museum to say goodbye to Doc McStuffins. We played for about a half hour and then went outside for "Songs and Stories" which is exactly as described. We sing some songs and read two stories. Then we went to the little park while we waited for Husband to come rescue us because... I locked the keys in the car. We have AAA but sometimes they are slow and we had to go pick up C from school so we just called him to come rescue us. And he did. 

M has been really into the "Happy Helpers" from Mickey and the Roadster Racers lately. Or if you're not up to date with one of the new Disney Jr. shows, Minnie and Daisy, every episode they get a phone call from someone who needs help with a task like pet sitting or helping at a hotel. Last week when we were on one of our many errands we found the Happy Helper Van, so I let her get it and she was so happy! She has been playing with it non-stop and I just love watching her stories and adventures. 


It is Mother's Day weekend but I am sure you didn't need a reminder for that. We sent my mom flowers, chocolates and a card and had them delivered yesterday because my brother graduates from college on Sunday! C made me an awesome card: 


The card declares me as two years younger than I am and also the best at making sandwiches. I don't mean to toot my own horn but that is a title I will hold proudly! 

Our Sunday will consist of our typical Casey's breakfast pizza, Mass and then streaming the graduation ceremony. So pretty much perfection then. I hope you all have an amazing weekend!








2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making that decision!
    Kindergarten is so fun!!!
    And Happiest of Mother's Day to one of my favorite Blogger Mommys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's got to be nice to have the decision made and it sounds like you're at peace with it. Love those notes! Looks like he's ahead of some of the kindergartners I know in reading and writing. You know, dandelions really are pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!