I'm just going to sit over here and wait for spring to show up.
I never really talked about my Lenten plans, but now that it's over I do feel compelled to share. This year we gave up secular music in the car, which C especially wasn't a fan of for the first few days. But as it happens, we are already to Wednesday after Easter and I haven't switched back. I have found I enjoy hearing my kids sing songs about God and Jesus over some of the other lyrics they know. This also translated inside to Alexa, where we found ourselves choosing my Lent playlist over some of the other stuff.
We also added in praying before dinner as a family. We had been SO bad at that. But we got better and again haven't let that go yet. I think that both Lenten changes, (they aren't sacrifices exactly) are pleasing to Him and ultimately improve our relationship with Him.
I also did the Blessed is She Lenten Devotional Journal.
I had never actually done a devotional before. I found I actually quite enjoyed it... except for Holy Week actually. The devotional was written by Laura Fanucci and I love her blog. I think she is just a phenomenal writer, but I guess I was let down by holy week. Every prompt was basically the same and I didn't have much to add. The prompts really helped me to internalize the prayers and readings typically.
Anyway, I found myself for the first time in a long time, not hating Lent. Like, I really have hated Lent in the past. I genuinely love Ordinary Time because everything is there! The Gloria, Alleluias etc. But I felt surprisingly un-jaded and grateful for Lent this year.
In completely unrelated to Lent or Jesus, I saw this online and it made me laugh.
And then also this:
So so true.
Have a good Wednesday!




I have seen so many bloggers and Instagrammers talking about different Blessed is She devotionals. I may have to check them out.
ReplyDelete