Monday, April 29, 2019

April Showers

 Thursday night I had book club. I think it's well documented that I love to read right? Well... I didn't actually read the book. I know! I am the worst! But it was the new release Nicholas Sparks book and I never got off the library waiting list. But because it's a new release it's also expensive and I did NOT want to spend money on a book I knew I wasn't going to love. So... I read a bunch of Goodreads reviews and then mostly didn't talk about the book. It was okay.

I couldn't not go though, because they turned it into a surprise birthday party for my good friend. Anyway, it was raining on my drive but the sun was setting and it was so magical. I had to capture it. This was the best I got at a stop light that then turned green and I had to put it down.


Friday C had his first school field trip. And I 100% was the parent who drove to the field trip just to see them get off the bus. In my slightest, slightest defense of the crazy, it was actually a grocery store right by our house. And Kindergarten hasn't actually been the best experience so I was nervous. And I did restrain myself from "going grocery shopping" during the time they were there. 


It rained on Saturday and canceled M's soccer game. I was not one bit sad about that because the high was 42 and standing out in pouring rain in the cold sounded miserable. Especially for preschool soccer.

Yesterday, C decided to sit down and write a review for Penguins. It's so funny. He sees me writing reviews about shows so he wanted to as well. He typed the entire thing by himself and it took so long. But it's super cute. And he did a pretty good job with spelling. Only asked for help with "though."

I think he still has more to write but I will share it when he's done. 


He has a sight word test coming up soon and he was sick of just reading them to me so we had a little "sight word spelling test." Again, he surprised me with how well he could do. The only word he struggled with was "could." 



We've got to work on finger spacing a bit for still. I was impressed. 

Today it is pouring rain. And it's going to be that way until Friday. Oh well. Life moves on. Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!