Tuesday, October 22, 2019

It's Your Day Little Girl

Oh My Little Miss, I cannot even put into words how full my heart is knowing that you are five! Today is such a special day for you and I am so excited that you will be celebrated so well.

You are my little extrovert, you just love and adore people and being around them. It is so hard for me since I am the opposite but you help me grow and now we both have some truly fabulous friendships and that is all because of your smiling personality.

This past year has been one of big changes. You will sit and color for hours and hours. You draw the absolute sweetest pictures and can write the words "Cat" "Boo" "Zoo" and "Eek" from memory. (So obviously the really important words.) You are just starting to sound things out and I look forward to this year because I know it's when you're going to become a reader.

I adore watching you play in a group. For the most part, you just exude kindness and joy. And that's all you little girl, you have a very kind heart. (Except every once in a while you don't like to share toys with your brother and friends.) I honestly don't think I've ever heard you speak unkindly about anyone not related to you. (Again, sometimes you take your frustrations out on your family but we love you and we can handle it.)

You love all things Barbie and Disney. And I am just going to go with that because one day you won't want to go with me to Target just to go down the Barbie aisle and marvel at the options. You love to cook and help in the kitchen and I love that about you so much. You have such a genuine enthusiasm for life and experiencing everything in it.

This past year of going to school Mass every week and then regular Sunday Mass has finally sunk in and you're pretty darn good at it now. Hallelujah. We are still working at forming you into having a deep faith but I am just so proud of you for how far you've come with participating and not complaining at Mass.

You love to be outside and active. Riding your bike or scooter, running and climbing. Playing soccer/. (And how I love to watch you play soccer.) You are just in your element outside running around and your joy is contagious. You even got C to want a bike too so that's pretty amazing! Still my early bird, every morning bursts forth with your joyful energy. And it takes you about .2 seconds to fall asleep at night. (But you are not a good bedmate, it's good you have your own space!)

No matter what dramatic overreaction you experience or your inability to stop crying, please know that I love you from the bottom of my heart. I will tuck you in and sing you a song every night forever if you'll let me. You keep snuggling your goat and Shu Shu and I will just melt with pride every night that you are mine. Five seems pretty big to me, but I love you for everything you bring to my life and I hope this next year is fantastic.

I love you forever,*
Mom

*What we say at bedtime every night as I close your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!