Last weekend's winter storm didn't do much. Which is good. I am thankful. This weekend's storm doesn't seem like it will cooperate with that plan as much, unfortunately. I have a show to go to tonight. Right now I am practicing my not worrying. We have a plan if our babysitter bails and that's all we can do right?
I am still hopeful that it will be less impactful than they say. Last year, on this exact weekend, I saw a show and drove home in blowing snow. It was doable. So I am just going to go with that.
Wednesday we got a lot of ice. And the school gave us a 2-hr late start. I kind of hate 2-hour late starts because then I have to do drop off. They're especially annoying on Wednesdays when M doesn't have school and we can just stay in and snuggle until school Mass time. BUT then school got canceled about an hour later so we didn't have to go anywhere.
Yesterday was the end of the semester so there was a 2-hr early out scheduled. Today is a teacher's in-service so there's no school. And of course no school on Monday for MLK Jr. Day.
You may remember that this same weekend last year turned into "winter break pt. 2"
Last year's calendar:
Hopefully, 2020 isn't going to end up the same way because the "adding 20 minutes to the school day" thing did not work for me.
But anyway, that's what we know.
We'll just be over here in pajamas and loving our day off!



Enjoy your day off!! Guess what? It's feeling more like a normal N.C. winter day today - the highs today are in the 40s! I guess our January spring has decided to disappear! I don't like late starts either. It messes up the whole flow of the day but for some reason early dismissals aren't as annoying. I hope the snow cooperates so you don't miss your show!
ReplyDelete