Monday, August 16, 2021

Godparenting

 Guess who got themselves Godparented this past Sunday on the Feast of the Assumption? 



To say that I am beyond honored and thrilled to Godparent sweet little H is an understatement. 


Our friends asked us to Godparent their new baby girl! She has 4 older brothers and I couldn't love her more. 


Sweet girl was welcomed into the church which is so wonderful. We've known since well before she was born that she had a heart condition. Our prayers were answered because it's not nearly as bad as predicted but she will still need surgery sometime in the next 2-4 months. 

On the day she was born (she was induced so we knew she'd be on the way soon) I went to daily Mass at 6:30 AM. And after I lit a candle at the feet of Mary, and asked her to pray for sweet baby (I didn't know her name yet). Our big candles at church burn for a week. H did so well and was born so healthy that she was at Sunday Mass less than a week later while her candle was still lit. We weren't sure that she would even be able to come home before surgery. 

So to baptize her on the Feast of the Assumption was a special gift for us. Welcome to the church little girl! We are so lucky to know you and love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I love this so much! So thankful her condition isn't as bad as they predicted.And congratulations on being Godparents! I feel like you guys are going to be wonderful in this role!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!