Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Advent By Candlelight

 Who is sick of hearing about my weekend? Well... that's okay, I am going to blog it anyway because... memories. 

Sunday night was Advent by Candlelight. I hosted a table again for my table friends. 

One was hosting her own table with her other peeps. One was tentative because... she's Hannah's mom and she's still recovering from surgery and she wasn't sure if she'd be ready to leave her. So we were a solid 5. 

M and I went to church early to set up. 


And while we were at C's matinee, one of my guest's dad had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. She met him there in the ER and it turns out he was COVID positive so she had to quarantine now. (There was more medical drama too.) 

So we were a fab foursome. And yes, I did 100% feel like the loser table hostess, but I had fun and enjoyed my time with ladies I love. 

Do you ever go through seasons of feeling "less than"? Yeah. My table wasn't as beautiful as others, and we were certainly the smallest group. But... I'm just going to keep on being me. 

Advent is about simplicity and making room right? That's the important takeaway. Here is my table all lit:


And the other lovely tables:
















I was so tickled when without knowing, my friends brought purple and gold bottles to match the table's color scheme. 

So Advent by Candlelight wrapped up the weekend's festivities. And I will wrap up this post. 

2 comments:

  1. Your table is SIMPLY beautiful. Some of those other tables look like they are trying too hard. As someone who frequently feels "less than", I have to spend a lot of time reminding myself that those thoughts are lies from the devil. You are a beautiful child of God, my friend, and you are more than enough.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks absolutely beautiful! The Advent purple is perfect. I would have loved to be seated at your table. ❤️

    What a special event. We used to have something similar at our boys’ old high school in NH, and I loved hosting a table.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!